Monday, March 28, 2011

Twilight Struggle Tournament

Yesterday I was scheduled to play my third and final game in round one. Fifteen minutes before my opponent was due to arrive I received an email, from him. He wrote that he was sorry but he felt that he was overly ambitious when he agreed to participate in the competition and he'd was willing to concede defeat in any unplayed matches. That should advance me to the quarter finals. I would have preferred to have taken my chances with a game. I played in three practice matches last week, against the sole player in the tournament to win all three of his first round games, so far. I lost.

(April 7th) As expected I have advanced into the Quarter finals. I will engage my opponent on Monday evening playing our game on-line through Wargame Room. I will update this posting with my news.

No comments:

Post a Comment